About Tera Term
Tera Term 4.106 (or TeraTerm) is a free and open source terminal emulation application which can function as a telnet or SSH client. The application features support for a number of terminal types from DEC VT100 to DEC VT382. It includes a built-in macro scripting language which can be used to automate certain tasks. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform without restrictions. Tera Term is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Is Tera Term safe to download?
We tested the file teraterm-4.105.exe with 27 antivirus programs and it turned out 100% clean. It's good practice to test any downloads from the Internet with trustworthy antivirus software.Does Tera Term work on my version of Windows?
Older versions of Windows often have trouble running modern software and thus Tera Term may run into errors if you're running something like Windows XP. Conversely, much older software that hasn't been updated in years may run into errors while running on newer operating systems like Windows 10. You can always try running older programs in compatibility mode.
Officially supported operating systems include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.What versions of Tera Term are available?
The current version of Tera Term is 4.106 and is the latest version since we last checked. This is the full offline installer setup file for PC. This site has hosted other versions of it in the past such as 4.105, 4.104, 4.103, 4.102 and 4.101. At the moment, only the latest version is available.
Alternatives to Tera Term available for download
- Xshell FreeA feature-packed SSH and Telnet client with SFTP, RLOGIN support.
- KiTTYA fork of PuTTY with several new and requested features.
- Bitvise SSH ClientA fast and feature-rich SSH client with support for telnet, FTP, FTPS, secure connections, file transfers and TCP/IP tunneling.
- PuTTYHighly flexible SSH client with Xterm terminal emulation and support for Rlogin, SFTP, Telnet and Serial connections.
- BsnesA fast Super Nintendo SNES emulator with debugging options.
- Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution ManagerIntel toolkit which can help increase the performance of Android apps.
- ePSXeA free PS1 emulator with support for plugins, ROMs and several different games that can function with wireless controls such as those for Windows,...